Saturday, September 20, 2008

Window Seats

Look what I did. . . . all by myself ;) With a little instruction at the beginning from Jonathan =)
I measured, scored, cut & screwed in a piece of drywall:

I measured, cut (with a chop saw) and nailed in a frame for a window seat:

And it's sturdy! So, we'll be getting some nice wood sheets to finish them and we'll be making it storage inside too.


There's one of these in each of the 2 smaller bedrooms.
I had to cut the 6 pieces that aren't resting on a 2x4 at different heights than the 6 pieces that are and I figured out the top frame part too - it's beautiful =) It was a lot of work, not really, but I don't do this sort of thing regularly. . . . so, yeah - I'm proud!
Pin It

1 comment:

Cailean said...

I had a big smile on my face reading your blog post - I could feel how proud you were just oozing out through the words! I would also love to do a project like that and I know Nathan would love to have those same tools you guys surely have! Your house is so impressive and how obviously talented and creative you are shines through too!