Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mexican Rice Recipe

My kids think my Mexican Rice is tastier than Azteca! What a compliment!
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp fresh minced garlic
1 onion, diced
2 tsp cumin
4 cups jasmine rice
4 tomato bouillon
4 cups water
6 oz Cotija cheese
Heat oil with garlic, onion and cumin and saute for 5 minutes or so on med-high. Add rice and cook until rice turns transparent. Add bouillons and water. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Crumble cheese and add to rice. Serve! Yum . . . you can also half this recipe - we just like the leftovers and we never throw any of this stuff out because it doesn't stay in the refrigerator long enough to spoil ;)
Pin It

1 comment:

Cailean said...

I'm excited to try this! It's hard to find a good Spanish/Mexican rice recipe. Thanks for posting! I've been reading your blog but haven't been good about commenting. I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!