Tuesday, May 25, 2010

DO NOT assign this chore to kids

You probably think a little less about some chores you assign to your children and feel it's very safe before you proceed to ask them to do it. We had a about 7 pieces of bread that was expired a week ago and I said - throw it out. Seems simple, right? Keaton thinking it was wasteful says 'let's at least put it out for the birds'. Barely thinking about it myself, sure I say - it seemed fine - not another thought. Carefully Keaton lays out the bread on the deck railing - oh so neat. Again I'm thinking that's great, it doesn't look so bad and hopefully it'll be eaten up in a day or so and not make too big of a mess - the birds, squirrels and raccoons will devour it, not a crumb left, right? Not so. Three days the bread has been outside and I come home from an errand today and look at what the bread did attract:
Oh yes, they're bees. Who knew that bees ate bread - sure they're always around at picnics, but for the bread? Yikes! But I guess white bread does have a lot of sugar - here's your proof ;)Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed now - I need to refill my bird feeders and water my plants. I do not dare to attempt going on my deck, they're swarming everywhere! I told Keaton he has to get it off my deck once it's around 10 pm TONIGHT and throw it all away, every last bit - sweep all the crumbs off the deck even! Maybe just water all the bread down with the hose. LoL Some ideas are not so great, eh? =)
Pin It

1 comment:

Suze said...

OMIGOSH! NO WAY!!! That is so gross! I hope they're gone by now.