Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Corsages

I don't know how much corsages cost these days, but for $2 I bought a wrist band found in the wedding section:
And minimal tulle, ribbon and beads cost $1.50 for both corsages. The flowers were in the Christmas aisle and had sparkles and glitter on them - perfect - and cost $1.20 each because I only used 1/4 of each stem.

Pink is the color Brady gets to wear and so I made this for Danee:
Keaton is wearing silver, but there's also purple in Olivia's dress:
Lesson learned from shopping with the boys at a craft store: don't buy 'other' supplies while trying to convince boys that a silk corsage will look just as elegant as real flowers. I purchased colored pipe cleaners and they told me 'that's not going to look good mom'!

They were worried, but now they're not ;) I should twist a pipe cleaner in the corsage just to tease them ;)
Pin It

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hi! I found you blog a while ago and just LOVE your work! I actually live close to you - I'm right here in Bellevue. I was just wondering what program you use for all the cute things you make, also how did you learn? Did you take a class? shannwright@gmail.com