Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine's Explosion Box

Jonathan mentioned he wanted a Pistachio colored tie . . . so now he's getting one for Valentine's Day!  I bought brown paper that had XoXoXo embossed on it and found a template for an explosion box - it fits a tie perfectly:

I put eyelets near the top of the box to hold the sides together and a brad to hold the ribbon near the bottom of the box.  I then used the technique of a ribbon blossom on the lid:

I made up a little word art message 'You've 'tied' a love knot in my heart' and adhered it on the inside of the lid: 

 . . . hence the ribbon knots on the top of the box and the tie as a gift!
And I found the right color tie!  =)
Pin It

1 comment:

Cailean said...

What a cool idea! I love tie shopping, actually. It's like looking at an artist's palette of colors. Lucky men get to wear them!