Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy 16th Birthday Keaton

Both Brady & Keaton are 16 until Brady's birthday April 19!
Keaton doesn't want to go to golf today since it's his birthday. And for YM tonight, they were going to do a service project and it got postponed, so they are meeting at the church to play games, but Keaton didn't want to go to YM's at the church. But if they would have done the service project tonight he would have gone! What a great kid =) But I made a huge oreo ice cream cake for the YM, so I asked him if he'd go so as to not waste it! So he agreed, although he did say he would eat a slice a day and assured me it would not get freezer burn - yeah right, I made this cake in a jelly roll pan and it's huge!
Unwrap 22 ice cream sandwiches and place in pan lined with aluminum foil:
Spoon out 1.5 quarts of oreo ice cream softened over tops of ice cream sandwiches:
Spread it around evenly & put in freezer:
Make Ganache - 1 cup heavy cream, 2 cups chocolate chips and 4 tbsp butter - melt, whip and cool:
Then spread ganache over ice cream layer:
Make whipping cream (or buy some): 2 cups heavy cream, 1 tsp vanilla & 1/2 cup powdered sugar:
Whip together until fluffy:
Spread evenly over ganache:
Take 20 oreos and put them in a zip lock bag:
Crush by rolling a glass over the top (uhhh, yeah a rolling pin would be great!):
Sprinkle the oreos over the top of the whipped cream and place in freezer for 4 hours or more:
Pin It

5 comments:

Leah T :) said...

WOW...you are good. I'm definitely gonna try this out. I love ice cream cakes. Hope your son enjoyed himself. Thanks for sharing!!!

Rachael said...

ice cream sandwiches!! brilliant!

Cailean said...

A teenager's dream!!! Hey, I saw that Sugardoodle linked to this on their Facebook page! Wow!

Suze said...

Oh My Heavens that looks so sinfully delish! It's got all of my favorite ingredients! I'm asking for this cake for MY birthday! lol

Camara said...

Holy Ice Cream cakes!!