Saturday, March 6, 2010

EASY Homemade Donuts

That's right - just make these babies from the biscuits:
Cut a section out of the middle, there are small fondant cutters that are perfect for this, but I left mine at a friend's house, so I used the bigger end of a frosting tip.
Fry them up - I used Olive Oil because that's all I ever cook/bake with:
Turn them over fairly quickly (like 15-20 seconds and if you only fry 4-6 at a time, much better to fry a few at a time because they won't get burned), these ones are too done, but that's what I get for trying to take photos and make food at the same time ;)
Fry up the donut holes too:
Frost and sprinkle (or add cinnamon & sugar OR powdered sugar):
I brought these to the YM basketball game and they loved them - just ask Fawn's boys ;) Next time I'm going to make them with chocolate frosting - yum!
Pin It

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

We made these on Saturday. The kids loved them again and Bryan was so impressed that the kids could help. UMMM we didn't get the frosting and sprinkles...perhaps next time you're here. :) They look so yummy Cheri!

Melisa said...

Just found your site. LOVE IT! Where were you when I was in YW? ;o)