Saturday, July 25, 2009

Guessing Jar

I made a guessing jar for a family reunion on my step-mom's side. I decided to do something a little different than a typical 'fill a jar with candy' theme. I made a chocolate chip cookie recipe jar. They had to guess how many toffee pieces - hehe
I added instructions how to finish them and taped it to the lid.
Then I put a picture of ancestors over the instructions, I thought the name of their family reunions was cute - Dys-Fun (for dysfunctional - haha) Family Reunion:
This is my own recipe for chocolate chips cookies and it's a yummy one. You can make them and judge for yourself ;)
Tasty Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups butter (do not substitute!)
3 cups brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
--Cream butter first, then cream with sugars until whipped lightly, add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
5 cups oatmeal or oatmeal flour
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup wheat pastry flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp powered vanilla
--In a blender, finely blend oatmeal 1 cup at a time and then combine with flour, soda, powder, salt and vanilla. Mix with butter mixture.
4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups toffee chips
--Add the chips to dough and stir together well. Drop by big spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
Pin It

No comments: