Monday, July 13, 2009

Journal Jar

My first lesson teaching the Beehives was on preserving memories - Personal Records. I saw a cute idea and poem and used more of those frappuccino bottles I got from a recycler:
I cut up 6 questions for each value color and printed it on the coordinating color paper. Here's the poem I used:
Preserve your memories -
seal them up well.
What you forget,
you can never retell.
But a journal that's kept
fresh on the shelf -
Might help someone
in need . . .
perhaps even yourself!

I also made a candy journal out of 2 chocolate nuggets:
It says on one side:
Pray and ponder each day asking yourself,
Did God send a message that was just for ME?
And on the opposing side:
Write it down!
It preserves that memory to remember how
much God loves us and how much we need him.
Pin It

2 comments:

Molly said...

Hey Cheri, I'm so glad you post this stuff. It inspires me to be crafty, even though I never end up doing anything. Way cute ideas.

Cailean said...

Your Beehives must love you! What an amazing teacher to put that much time into a lesson. I love the scripture candy idea! I might have to use that for our Primary. Thanks!