Saturday, December 24, 2011

Toffee Fudge

A new holiday sweet:
I usually make toffee and fudge . . . so why not fudge on top of the toffee?  It is YUM!  You won't be able to stop eating it until it has disappeared ;)

Toffee
2 cups butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and then add 1/2 cup chopped almonds (I roast mine for about 10 minutes in  the oven)
Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over med-high heat stirring constantly.  Once it's boiling, cook it for about 10 minutes, testing it by strewing a tiny bit onto a plate and then giving it the bite 'test'. If it's crunchy, it's ready - LoL  Can you tell I don't use a candy thermometer?  I use my pressure cooker pan when making candy - it's the best method.
Pour hot candy onto aluminum foil and spread as evenly as you can.

Fudge
I use the recipe on the back of a marshmallow creme jar - the best!
So then I just pour the fudge on top of the toffee and let it set for 2 hours or put it in the freezer to set up quicker.  Break apart - don't forget to look on the bottom of the toffee for foil that needs to be removed - sometimes it sticks!
I added more chopped almonds on top of the fudge - last month I used macadamia nuts - oh my yumminess!
Pin It

No comments: