Thursday, October 1, 2009

A lot of work!!

Working on the upstairs remodeling it from scratch is a lot of work . . . so much so that I don't recommend YOU ever thinking you'd like to do it one day ;)
Skylight framed in, new lights, electrical outlets, bay window seat, walls completely mudded (so there's no bumpy texture), sanded and primed. It takes a lot of time to do it yourself - thanks Jonathan =)
I just like the painting and decorating part myself, but I try to help out with the grunt work a little ;) Brady's room is 4 shades of blue, the lightest blue being on the ceiling only. I started today and did the smallest wall with random stripes. I was going to do horizontal stripes, but Brady wanted vertical - I think it'll look cool when it's done. We're going to put bead board on the bottom and a chair rail around the top of that. We'll add crown moulding to the top so painting isn't that bad when I don't have to be exact!
And still have to finish the bench seat, order the ceiling fan, give the window a sill, carpet, closet, construct a Murphy bed, 2 doors - ahhhhh, I think I will stop with my list as it is seeming like a long ways a way to be done still =(
Pin It

3 comments:

fawndear said...

It's going to be gorgeous! Crown molding, bead board - Perfect. Long Slow Remodels are the Hardest! But your boys will know it's all from you and be grateful.

momofmonkeys said...

I love it!! My boys' room needs a paint job . . .

Suze said...

It's funny but I thought you left the paint like that on purpose. I actually like it like that (rough around the top and bottom) You may have started something ;)