Monday, October 5, 2009

Paint Permit?

Research says most of us are scared of color on our walls and stick to neutral colors with the most popular color being taupe. (and I only painted Keaton's color neutral brown because I am letting him have his walls as a canvas - he's going to paint right on it!) Hmmmm, I might be the complete opposite end of that spectrum ;) So much so that my boys are actually scared of the color I chose for their closet - LoL We designed a Jack-n-Jill closet between their 2 bedrooms. It's very practical and fun to have something out of the ordinary:
Yup, that is a spice orange on the closet wall. Still have to put in the bead board and trim (it's SO nice not having to tape everything off! but taping off 50 straight lines for Brady's room makes up for that - haha). Orange is one of my favorite colors and this is what (someone who thinks they're the expert) states about orange: likely to be outgoing, creative, expressive and young at heart. I like that definition =)

Window sills and window trim - ahhhhh, it's coming together people!
Love those finishing touches - it is finally feeling almost done =)
Pin It

1 comment:

Suze said...

That is an AWESOME shade of Orange. I love orange. My old craft room in Monroe was Orange and then we had to move a month after I finished painting it. So sad. But I SO want to do Orange again. Somewhere. Somehow. Maybe in the future. Keep up the good work.