Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Card for Jonathan

Here are some cookies I dropped off at work for Jonathan, I used to make a lot of what I brought so he could share with his co-workers, but he didn't like to share - LoL As if I didn't bake him up yummy stuff all the time - but now I only make enough just for him ;)
I made lemon frosting for his cookies since he loves lemon flavoring.
1/4 cup butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla (could probably omit)
1/2 tsp lemon flavoring
1/2 pinch of salt - hehe
just enough milk to make it the consistency you like

Cream butter and cream cheese together, add the powdered sugar, flavoring and salt. Add milk a tiny bit at a time until thickness of frosting is desired. Add coloring if ya want to the whole batch or in smaller bowls with spoonfuls of frosting.

I dropped off a card I made too. I cut out letters KISSES and then cut my rectangles using card stock, traced the letters onto it and then cut out some of the letter to show just enough overlap, glued the letters on the cardstock and then added cute graphics, yeah a lot of work ;)
I did a 'freebie' search for digital scrapbooking to find all the cute things I added in this card.
I typed two small love notes on 2 graphics, added some words to the graphics and printed them out and let my plotter cut them out. I added some ribbon and it was finally done =)
Jonathan found a card that said 'kisses' on it for me too this year:
Can you tell that's our word? hehe We ate at the Purple Cafe on Thursday night to beat the Valentine's Day crowds - it was sooooo yummy. We had an artichoke dip with crab on bread and a lobster mac and cheese (gruyere cheese) with these amazing crispy green onions on top. I think they should change the name to a pasta dish so it seems more appetizing, but we highly recommend it - now to see if I can duplicate it! =)
Pin It

No comments: