Monday, April 5, 2010

Make your own door hanger

So, I couldn't find my wreath/door hanger and decided to construct one myself.
A roof shingle is a workable metal material for crafting =) I drew out a 1 1/4'' x 12 piece and cut it with my tin snips (which I got in my stocking last year - my very own pair - must have been because my husband had to go searching for his tin snips too often? hehe I love them!) Then I bent it over my front door with about 3 inches on the back side and again at the other end the opposite direction just about an inch.
I cut 2 pieces of paper about 1 1/2'' longer than my hanger, one piece went directly into the smaller bend and one piece was for the smaller bend. I used mod podge to adhere it and for the finish coat. I cut in the corners of the paper so I could fold it over neatly.
If I make another one, I would do the smaller section FIRST.
And I didn't want a wreath for my door, I wanted something a little different. So I made a 8x8 picture of a lot of sayings that I love - perhaps the ones people use on their walls as vinyl wording ;) I saved the image link as a PNG so you can work with it and any digital scrapbook paper. The white lettering does show up better once you have a color under it.

Link for sayings here.

And on my front door - the completed projects:

Pin It

No comments: