Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mother's Day Idea

The YW are making the Mother's Day handouts for after Sacrament meeting this year:
We will mod podge a small floral patterned paper on a clothespin that has a magnet on the back and add a big flower (actually 3 layers of flowers held together with a brad) with ribbon behind it. The cellophane bag holds 3 Lindt chocolates from Costco (chose those chocolates because the wrapper sort of matched). Then made a little saying that has to do with the clothespin part - 'holding on' and steered away from the saying 'mother' (trying to be sensitive for the women who don't have children but who are still motherly to us and our children). It says 'YOU are an influence that is worth 'holding on' to':
We will make 4 colors:
After we finish these I'll post one of each color so you can see how they turned out =)

And on the backs of these cards we will be adding questions and answers from the Primary kids like:
My mom is good at sharing:
After my mom puts me to bed, she likes to:
My mom loves me because:
My mom is as pretty as:
The smartest thing my mom tells me is:
What kind of little girl was your mom:
One thing I will let my kids do that my mom won't let me do is:
What's the worst thing your mom makes you eat:
How did your mom meet your dad?
My mom wants ______ for Mother's Day.
My mom is good at:
One thing I would change about my mom:
One reason I really love my mom:

We'll probably just choose 1 of the funniest answers per kid and print them out for the backs of these craft handouts.
Pin It

1 comment:

Suze said...

SWEET! I'm definitely going to church on Mother's Day. I love Lindt Truffles. They're my absolute favs!!!