Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thumbprint Cookies

So for my lesson on Preparing to teach others, I made a handout using the girl's own fingerprints and for a treat I made thumbprint cookies - kind of had a theme going on ;) They each got 4 cookies after reading this quote about cultivating good manners: Every day we represent not only OURSELVES, but our FAMILIES, our CHURCH, and the LORD.
I made these from a shortbread cookie recipe:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
Mix butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flour gradually and mix until dough forms. Roll into balls, smash centers with thumb, bake ungreased cookie sheet on 350 degrees for 6 minutes. Easy, but still yummy!
Then instead of jelly I made a mascarpone filling and spooned some into each cookie:
Filling:
4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 oz. mascarpone cheese
Beat cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until well mixed. Fold in mascarpone.
Pin It

2 comments:

Angie said...

I found your blog off of sugardoodle. I adapted your thumbprint ideas for my lesson on Sunday. Thank you for the ideas!

Lori said...

I also found your blog on Sugardoodle. Thank so much for taking the time to share your creative idea!! I am going to try it today (with the jelly) for my lesson.