Friday, June 15, 2012

Camp Paper Bag Journal

When I did camp crafts a couple of years ago I saved this idea as an option, but I didn't end up having it as a camp craft.  So I decided to make some Paper Bag Journals for this year's 4th years girls - I printed all the images as a 4x6 at a print shop for .13 cents each. I did have to play around to get the image exactly 4x4.75 size.  The journal pages I printed off at home so they could write on the paper.  I have the theme on the front - tied with an elastic band to hold the loose pages in:
Then I added the scriptures for the 4th years as well as some messages for Outlast from the Strength of Youth and journal pages:
 Constellations requirement and journal page:
 MiaMaid class symbol and Outsmart theme:
 My devotional visuals/handout based on For I Was Blind, But Now I See Thomas S Monson:
 Outshine thoughts/quotes from Thomas S. Monson:
 Award to present after the hike (we'll just write it in with a sharpie):
 Here's one of the journal pages, the ribbon makes it easier to pull out:
Now the girls don't have to take their journal, camp manual or scriptures on the hike - they'll have everything they need for 2 days in their journal =)

I am still working on a few hymns that I'll be placing in this journal too.  Then the girls will have the words and no excuses not to participate ;)

I will give the girls a pen with their journals . . . with the theme rolled up on the inside showing through the clear part of the pen.
Pin It

No comments: