Monday, July 27, 2009

Toppings for a Sunday

My lesson was on keeping the Sabbath Day Holy and I've used several spins on this topic in the past, but amazingly was able to think of another one! I bought some plastic containers and placed sundae candies - at Cash & Carry for $4 for 24 oz (well, most likely cookie sprinkles!) in them - I found little circle sprinkles as it went with the message from D&C 59:9 - remain unspotted from the world by remembering the purpose of the sabbath day. Circles = spots - okay, I know it was a stretch ;) I also had examples of things we should refrain from on Sundays printed on paper, then punched the activities out into circle shapes and taped them all over the girls (to represent being 'spotted') and then asked the girls for their ideas how we can remain unspotted on the Sabbath.
I added the tag 'how are you topping your Sunday?' and a message that wrapped along the lid from D&C 59:9.
Christina and I team taught as there were only 5 girls in all of YW today! It went great as she added an awesome quote and of course brought out beautiful examples in the lesson and from her own experiences. It was really fun - we should just combine classes all summer =)
Pin It

No comments: