Saturday, October 10, 2009

Coconut Macaroon Recipe

Baking today . . . we're going to a cookie party!
Keaton: What are those!!!???
Me: Cookies - they only have a little coconut in them. ;)
Brady: NO!! Those are ALL coconut!
Keaton: Those cookies look gross!
Me: Maybe I made them with the intention of knowing you don't like them so you won't eat them all.
Brady: That's mean.
Me: Well, Keaton said 'ewwww, those cookies look gross'.
Brady: You told me that I can't say something mean back even when someone's just said something mean to me.
Keaton: Hypocrite!
Me: That's true, but I'm the parent you can't say that to me - LoL You will always have to respect me because I'm your elder.
Keaton: Not when we're missionaries though! (haha)
Too quick ;)
Dipped the bottoms in melted dark chocolate and then drizzled the tops:
14 oz sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp almond extract
3 eggs whites
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup chopped almonds
6-8 oz melted chocolate

Preheat convection oven to 325 degrees (toast your coconut while the oven is warming up)
Whip egg whites and salt until stiff peak. Combine coconut, milk and extract in a separate bowl. Fold in egg whites. Refrigerate 1 hour. Use cookie scoop (spray with Pam) and line 2 cookies sheets. Bake both pans at the same time, switching top rack with bottom rack after 10 minutes - full baking time is 20 minutes. Allow to cool, melt chocolate and dip bottom of cookie in it and once that dries, melt the chocolate again and drizzle on top.
Makes 24 cookies.
Pin It

No comments: