Sunday, March 7, 2010

all you need is LOVE is all you need

A daughter of a friend of mine is getting married and I made these blocks for her - wow, I guess I've hit that age where I feel old now because my friend's kids are old enough to get married - craziness ;)
I made a layout of digital scrapbooking papers on my computer:

And cut out letters - the tricky part was the love because I really liked the outline look, but wasn't about to glue those suckers on ;)

I also did an outline for the squares in pink, but I wanted a white inside border too:

Cut out my squares, layered them and glued on the letters:
Cut out some blocks from Jonathan's 2x6's while he was away shoe shoeing - haha
Sanded them - sorry the above photo is WITH a flash!
Made some FAST drying 'stain' out of brown acrylic paint and just added water:

And brushed it on my blocks:

Let it dry, then mod podged the squares onto my blocks of wood & let that dry and added some pretty ribbon:

I also made some earrings she could possibly wear with her wedding dress . . . or just another dressy outfit:

Now I want to make myself some cute blocks - love them!

Pin It

5 comments:

Suze said...

Gosh girl! What CAN'T you do?

Stephanie said...

O.K. The earrings and the blocks are AMAZING! WOW Cheri! I'm just looking at your blog and cannot believe all that you do each month. It motivates me. :)

Kiren said...

Love the blocks! I bet Nettie loved them. :)

Cori said...

I'm with everyone else!! You are amazing! I know Nettie will love this!!

Rachael said...

very cute!!