Monday, April 19, 2010

It's a bundt cake - a boont? No, a bUNt!

Happy 17th birthday Brady =)
Wow - times flies as your kids age!!
Brady's favorite food - prawns - so I made alfredo (from a jar! don't look so shocked - hehe) with prawns & garlic bread:
Brady's favorite cake is chocolate, so I made a bundt triple chocolate cake:
1 pkg devil's food chocolate cake
1 pkg chocolate fudge pudding mix
1 cup chocolate chips melted
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups water
2 tsp vanilla
Pour in all the ingredients and mix for 2 minutes. Grease & flour bundt cake pan & pour in batter. Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes and remove cake onto platter.
(I know I didn't frost the center - and it would have looked better for this photo - ha)
Frost with (mousse like):
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp brown sugar corn syrup (or whatever you have on hand)
1 cup melted chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Melt chocolate chips with cream, stirring until chips are melted. Transfer to a bowl and let it cool. Add corn syrup, vanilla and butter, mix well. Mix in sugar - might have to add in a touch more powdered sugar or milk to get it to the right consistency.
Pin It

1 comment:

Suze said...

LOL! The title of your post had me laughin' so hard! I love that movie!

Happy Birthday Brady!

LOL! Okay even funnier, is my word verification is "prewan"....okay so on second thought it's maybe not that funny, but I thought it sounded close to prawn.....but on it doesn't really. I know......I'm dumb.