Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A dandelion! (with Sid's accent)

Driving to golf . . .
Keaton: Mom, why don't we have any dandelions in our yard?
Me: It's a weed Keaton!
Keaton: I know, but who cares.
Me: Uhhh, I do!
Keaton: Look how awesome that yard looks (full of dandelions)
Me: That does NOT look awesome, do you realize how many more seeds each one of those are going to produce?
Keaton: I know, that's so cool - all that yellow - it's so happy!
Me: We are not having dandelions in our yard.
Keaton: Well, admit it, dandelions are your favorite weed then.
-pause-
Me: Actually, there is this cute little weed that has the tiniest little purple flower . . .
Keaton: (cutting me off) whatever.
LoL
Stopped in traffic . . .
Keaton: (looking out the window) Mom, there's a Pringles can down there (on the side of the road)
Me: Maybe you should pick it up (Keaton is a member of RAK at Cedarcrest - Random Acts of Kindness - and they pick up litter year round)
Keaton: I'm pretty sure it's empty Mom!
Me: Uhhhh, (laughing) when I have EVER asked you to pick up something to see if there's something left in it so we can eat the rest?
Keaton: (basically ignoring what I just said and still looking out the window) Oh, yeah, I'm positive there's nothing in there. No one would waste that flavor.
Who's child is this? No, Keaton did not say these phrases when he was 5 . . . it was only last week! LoL
Pin It

No comments: