Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ribs you can eat with a fork

The bones fell off the meat . . . . NOT the meat fell off the bone ;)
I brined the ribs for about 48 hours in ice water in my cooler.
When I was ready to bake them, I rinsed them off (because of the salt water) and put them on plastic wrap and added my own barbecue sauce:
1 cup ketchup
1 can tomato sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp liquid smoke
This recipe was enough for 2 huge things of ribs.
Seal the plastic wrap together (so the steam can tenderize the meat some more). Now add foil making sure there is no plastic wrap visible. Put them on a cooking sheet and baked them on 250 degrees for 8 hours. Ummmm, I don't like eating ribs because there's no meat on them and it's painful to get the meat off the bones. But these ribs were amazing!

The best Corn Bread out there . . . seriously! This recipe came from Stephanie :oÞ

Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, set aside.
1 cup cornmeal
3 cups flour
1 1/3 cups brown sugar (hers called for white sugar)
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Combine liquid ingredients:
2/3 cup oil (I always use Olive oil)
6 tbsp melted butter
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups milk (I used 2 cups milk and 1/2 cup heavy cream)
Blend together with dry ingredients.

Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake on 350 degrees for 40 minutes. 
Makes great muffins too - bake regular size for 20 minutes and mini muffins for 15 minutes.

Honey Butter
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup powdered sugar
pinch of salt
Tis super yum!
Pin It

2 comments:

Cori said...

Those loook scruptious! I love, love, love ribs!!

Have fun at camp this week! I'll miss your posts while you're gone! Can't wait to see all the fun when you get back!!

Cori said...

Hey Cheri- Hop on over to my blog to receive your blog award. Thanks for blogging with substance:)