Saturday, May 22, 2010

Is it a Canary?

Keaton spotted these huge birds (are they wild canaries?) on our feeder today (notice the Finch for size next to them) and informed me that they were just really big Golden Finches:
They were beautiful and I felt like I was in a rain forest or something ;) Oh, maybe that was just all the crazy rain we had off and on today!
There were 5 of them, but of course I couldn't get a picture of all of them before they were startled by me. Their beaks are so huge - I've never seen these in wild . . . and in Duvall, but the best part is they paid a visit at my house =) hehe
Since they were feeding with the finches, it must be in the same bird family. I filled up 3 feeders on Thursday and by Saturday night all the food was gone! Well, besides what was on the ground ;) The finches are feeding by the 3 dozen here the last few days!
Pin It

No comments: