Friday, May 7, 2010

Here Birdie, Birdie, Birdie

Since it was SO nice out, I sat on my deck and waited for some birds to do a fly by so I could take their picture ;) I was only out for about 15 minutes and I saw some golden finches:
This guy refused to eat out of the feeder while I was on the deck and would not let me photograph it either. Is it a red finch?
Then a very cool looking black bird landed on the suet for 1 second but it was a scaredy bird and flew away fast and never did come back =( I don't even know what kind of bird it was, nor do I recall ever seeing one before. I love the variety of birds we have here in Washington!
But, it's true, I really just wanted pictures of all the hummingbirds that are constantly flying around. I did get a couple of different species visiting in 15 minutes, so I thought that was pretty cool =)
I love this one - one: because it is a ruby red throat and two: because my camera cooperated ;)
There were 2 woodpeckers at the same time that landed on our railing, but they were scared of me too - and lots of opportunities to photograph the blue jays . . . but yeah, they're not exciting enough ;)
Pin It

No comments: