Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bellevue Home Show

Jonathan and I went to the Bellevue Home Show - I had a coupon, buy one get one free - saved $8, but parking was $9.  There were all kinds of (desperate) vendors there.  We did sign up for all kinds of entries to WIN $10,000 - but they were just the typical ploy to get your contact information ;)  We got 2 free pairs of garden gloves, letter opener, baby carrabeaners, tully's gift certificates - but honestly the best FREE thing was a package of Famous Amos Chocolate Chip cookies - LoL  

The tackiest thing was RSVP Publications gave out about 30 coupons.  I opened the stack of them and most had expired in Nov & Dec of 2008 and then half of what was left expired at the end of January - who gives someone a coupon that is no good or only 1 week to use?  I hate cheap and this show was definitely full of sales and gimmicks!
I don't recommend it.  I know the economy is bad . . . we're in a recession - but there were no crowds at this show and these vendors probably spent a lot of money paying for their booth and freebies and then paid their employees to be there.  Wasteful.
The funniest thing was this guy got Jonathan to spin this wheel and you could 'win' all kinds of things, gift cards and such - Jonathan spun the wheel and it actually landed on the one CASH slot.  Of course we didn't really walk away with any money =(  The guy tried to sell us a time share or something - we just laughed and walked away.  I can't believe what's still legal in this day & age!
Pin It

2 comments:

chrisbendt said...

Hi Jonathan and Cheri,

I am sorry to hear you had a bad time at the 2009 Bellevue Home Show. I would love the chance to speak with you directly and pick your brain. Please email when you have a moment... chris@bellevuehomeshow.com

Thank you,

Christopher Bendt

Unknown said...

Dear Jonathan & Cheri,

I too am sorry to hear about your experience at the Bellevue Home Show.

My name is Aaron Riggs and I am the owner of RSVP Publications. Thank you for posting your comments and concerns. It is good for businesses to hear what the public thinks, and I want you to know that your words did not go unheard. It helps us do our jobs better and also provide better service in the future.

I wanted to offer you a detailed explanation of why some of the postcards you received were expired.

We distributed our Fall 2008 edition, which was our last edition and the most current. We only publish four times a year. It would have been nice to hand out our winter edition, but alas it just had not made it off the press yet.

Anyhow, the stats:

Fall 2008 Eastside edition:

33 cards total:

12 have no expiration whatsoever
11 expire 1-31-09 (BHS was Jan 23-25)
10 were expired but all are active on our website
http://www.rsvpseattle.com
and available for download with a later expiration date (says that on the RSVP info card in the pack but is probably hard to find.)

If you would like to receive a sample of our most recent winter edition, I would be more than happy to mail you one.

Also, because I would like to leave you with a good taste in your mouth, I would like to send you a $50 gift card to Duke's Chowderhouse.

Please email me at aaron@rsvpseattle.com with your mailing address and I will send those (if you like.)

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email or call.

Many thanks,

Aaron Riggs
RSVP ® Seattle
"Direct Mail to the Upscale"®
425-396-7787, fax 425-396-4665
http://www.rsvpseattle.com