Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lemon Ricotta Muffins

Emily brought these yummy muffins to a RS potluck and shared the recipe - YUM!
2 cups flour (I used 1 cup rice flour and 1 cup all purpose)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar (recipe calls for white)
1/2 cup butter (recipe calls for unsalted)
2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest (recipe calls for 1)
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (recipe calls for 1)
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/3 cup thinly sliced almonds (which are now sold at my Costco - yea!)

Line 12 muffin cups with liners and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk the flour, powder, soda and salt until combined. Beat sugar and butter together until fluffy, add zest and ricotta and mix well. Beat in the egg, juice and extract and then stir in dry ingredients. I will add in poppy seeds next time I make these!
Fill liners evenly - I sprinkled the tops of my muffins with turbinado sugar and then the almond slices - nice crunch to it! Bake 20 minutes.
Pin It

No comments: