Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

Here's my pumpkin pie recipe:
Makes 1 9-inch pie or 26-28 mini ones.
I added in 1/2 of a caramel for the mini crusts - I think I'd do a whole one next time.
Combine:
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground clove
1 tsp ground nutmeg
In a mixer with above ingredients, mix in 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree until well blended.
Add 3 eggs, mix well
Add 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk, mix well
Pour pie filling into pie shell(s) over the caramel and then top it with turbinado sugar before baking for 10 minutes on 425 degrees, turn heat down to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30 minutes. Bake mini crust for only 20 minutes more.
I whipped 1 1/2 cups whipping cream with 1/2 cup powdered sugar for 5 minutes or so and then removed all of it into a separate bowl. Then I added 4 oz mascarpone cheese with 1/2 vanilla bean scraped and whipped it together until the cheese was smooth in the bowl that used to have the whipping cream mixture in it. Then I added the whipped cream back into the bowl and mixed together. Ummmm, yum!
If the pie is still hot, don't add the cream to it - I just did this for a picture:I put a dollop of cream, more turbinado sugar and also added a caramel apple candy corn on top for funness =)
Pin It

No comments: