Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine Cookies for the boys

I used to only make goodies for holidays for the boys when they younger and bring to their elementary school so they'd feel special, but now that they only have 1 & 2 years left, I feel like I have to do it again ;) And they loved it! I guess the moral of the story is - don't stop bringing stuff to school for your kids because they really do like it. I didn't sign love mom or anything, but they both said I could have =) Awwww.
I love sprinkles! I would have spent more time decorating them, but as I had the idea to bring cookies to school on Thursday morning that I'd have to bring them to school that day because there was no school on Friday! But they were tasty and the boys could have cared less if I spent more time making a pattern or not so messy - hehe

1 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla - cream until fluffy. In a separate bowl add all dry ingredients and stir together. Then add to butter mixture. Refrigerate 2 hours or longer. Roll out and cut into shapes, bake on parchment paper at 400 degrees for 4-6 minutes.

Frosting that dries hard:
2 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tbsp milk
1 tbsp corn syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix together, add color if desired.
Pin It

No comments: