Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cheri's Chocolate Chip Cookies

We made some cookies tonight mostly for Brady's Modern World History teacher (bribing for help with this diplomacy game) and I told Brady he could bring in a dozen for him. Brady asks how much will be left over and I say a lot. Brady then asks 'can I have a dozen?' So because he is razor thin and maybe because my own mother never let me have a dozen cookies when I was a kid (and okay, a really good reason to get them out of the house so I don't eat that dozen cookies myself) I said 'yes'. Isn't it funny how it created the notion you're the best mother in the world - Brady didn't say that, but a hug and excitement in his voice said he was extremely happy for his share of the cookies - LoL
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Turn on oven to 375º.
1 cup flaked coconut
Brown coconut in oven for 5-10 minutes.
2 cups butter
4 cups brown sugar
4 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup mayonnaise
Cream butter and brown sugar until whipped lightly, add vanilla, eggs and mayo in and mix well.
5 cups oatmeal (finely blended)
4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp kosher salt
In a blender, finely blend oatmeal and then combine with flour, soda, powder and salt. Add to butter mixture.
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups white chocolate chips
2 cups toffee chips
Add all chips and coconut to dough and stir together well.
Drop by spoon fulls on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes.

I usually just bake a dozen and roll the rest of the dough into balls, place on cookie sheet and freeze 4 hours or overnight. Then I place the cookie balls into freezer zip lock bags and can bake them up real quickly! =) You could add nuts if you like. You can also cut this recipe in half - it works the same.
Pin It

1 comment:

Cailean said...

Awesome!!! So my husband LOVES cookies and I love eating them (too much) but am not a big fan of making them (too many steps maybe?). I told him I was thinking of making cookies this past weekend and his face lit up! But then our weekend was busy and I was worn out (plus my strained neck still hurts). He had a headache most of the weekend so couldn't help with much. Hence, no cookies. Cut to Sunday night he's reading through people's blogs and there were at least 3 blog posts about cookies people had made. He was so sad :) He even said, "See? Jonathan has the perfect wife. She makes cookies!" :)