Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cranberry Sauce Anyone?

Homemade cranberry sauce:
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 whole cinnamon sticks
Bring to a boil and then add:
4 cups fresh cranberries (rinsed)
4 Cuties ( or 1 orange) peeled, remove seeds if applicable
Simmer together until berries begin to pop 5-10 minutes - you will hear the berries popping!
Remove cinnamon sticks and add:
1 can pineapple with its juice
Blend into a puree:
Pour into dishes and chill for 2 hours or more:
So, does anyone want my 2nd dish of cranberry sauce? (I made a whole batch and should have halved this recipe for the amount of people I am having over for Thanksgiving this year - my boys won't touch the stuff - hehe) If you live nearby, leave a comment and I'll draw someone's name =) Maybe I'll only get one comment, then it'd be yours easily!
Pin It

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ooh me!

Miss Melanie said...

That looks delish! I would totally say ME ME ME! But, we are probably just sticking around home and I won't be by your house :)

I love your pics of it too!

Hugs!

Christi said...

Cheri, Your recipes always look so yummy. My family loves cranberry sauce. Tonight I made your white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for dessert tomorrow.
Christi